I have had this blouse since around the time I started this blog. Tired of waiting for summer to happen, I decided today was the day this piece was going under the knife (well, scissors).
This cost £3.25 from the PDSA shop in Barking. It has a very pretty embroidered cross stitch pattern on it.
There’s not really that much wrong with it beside the fact that it just doesn’t fit.
I cut off the sleeves and reduced the size at the side seams…
Then did the same with the lining.
I tried it on to check the fit was OK and thankfully it was perfect.
I wanted to keep the cross stitch pattern from the cuffs, so I made a simple quick cap sleeve from the bottom of the original sleeve.
Here’s how this quick and easy refashion looks on. Delightful!
The cap sleeves are the perfect way to finish it off. Looks lovely and fresh.
Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!
Great job! Now for the sun…
I’m not holding my breath.
SUPER cute!!! Love it! :)
Great job, I love how you used the cuffs to make your cap sleeves. It really adds a lot. =)
Thanks, they were very quick to make!
Clever way to utilize the cuff detail. Great summer top.
Thanks Shelley, I couldn’t bear to throw those cute cuffs away!
The top turned out beautiful! I love how you turned the cuff into the cap sleeve, and you can see the embroidered detail!
Thank you! The embroidery on the sleeves was just too good to lose!
The result is so pretty and flattering!! Great job!
By the way, thanks for such a sweet comment on my blog. :)
Thanks, Fabi! You are so welcome!
So cute! I love how you used the bottom of the original sleeve for the cap sleeve. Brilliant idea :)
Lol just noticed the previous poster said the exact same thing I did. Anyway I wholeheartedly agree that it was a nice touch. Can’t wait to see your next refashion!
Yep, great minds think alike ;)
Thank you! Glad you liked it.